Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Prescott smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete command of your Prescott home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Prescott?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Prescott by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Prescott
Although many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and enter the details to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Prescott security system. Call (928) 267-6739 to learn more.