What should you do when your Prescott home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family members – against the many risks you might encounter, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Prescott home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often shocking, bewildering, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay composed and abide by these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Prescott Goes Off
You never want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system originally. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. So what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the best way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency yourself and permit your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Take care of your family. Your primary concern should be your family and leading them out of danger. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might mean moving to an appointed safe room as far away from access points as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always smart to be extra careful. If there’s smoke or a fire, you need to leave your home right away.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. Most homeowners keep their cell phones with them at all times these days, but you may fail to pick it up during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
Any time your home alarm system in Prescott goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will act immediately. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The procedure they abide by is based on the sort of emergency. For instance, when the emergency is of a medical nature, a single effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you have a burglary alarm - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring specialist will follow these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to contact you via the central command panel. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in a reply, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again after the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Support will still be deployed even when you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Prescott
Stay ready for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Prescott from Vivint. Dial (928) 267-6739 to start designing your home’s protection today.